WWE Wrestlemania 2006 predictions
Published on 2 Apr 2006 at 2:22 pm.
Filed under Wrestling.
It’s that time again for my predictions for the upcoming WWE pay per view.
- Triple H to win the WWE championship from John Cena
- Rey Mysterio to win the World Heavyweight title in a match against Randy Orton and the champion Kurt Angle
- Shawn Michaels to defeat Vince McMahon in a no holds barred match
- The Nature Boy Ric Flair over Shelton Benjamin, Rob Van Dam, Matt Hardy, Finlay, and Lashley in a Money in the Bank match
- The Undertaker to continue his winning streak in a casket match against Mark Henry
- Mick Foley beats Edge in a hardcore match
- Chris Benoit retains his US championship when he faces JBL
- Carlito and Chris Masters obtain the World tag team titles by defeating Kane and the Big Show
- Mickie James defeats her role model/obsession Trish Stratus for the Women’s Championship
- Booker T and Sharmel beat the Boogeyman
- Torrie Wilson over Candice Michelle in a Playboy pillow fight
The last two predictions are really a toss up as the matches mean nothing and are just used to cool the crowd down between some matches or warm up the crowd at the start. That said, it would be a shame if Booker actually did the job to the Boogeyman. I see Mysterio pinning Randy Orton to get heat back from the last PPV. Part of me would like to see Flair immediately challenge and defeat Triple H for the title after he wins it from Cena. WWE has been building to one more run for Flair, so I can see this happening. If Flair doesn’t win that match, I would prefer the following order for people to win: Matt Hardy, Rob Van Dam, Shelton Benjamin, Finlay, Lashley. If Rey doesn’t win the World title, I hope Kurt retains it.
POWRSURG on 5 Apr 2006 at 1:13 am: 1
Didn’t do that well in the predictions, only getting 5 out of 11 right.
I have come to the decision that WWE is trying to ride the absolute hate that wrestling fans have for John Cena. I think it actually has a shot at working for a while, but WWE will let it go too long. The Rey match went way too short.